Tuesday, January 17, 2006

KG Loyal To His Dog And His Wolves

NY Times Article: Garnett Is Loyal To His Dog And His Wolves
"I'm just a loyal person," he said. "I'm loyal to my friends, friends that I've had since Day 1. Loyal to my dog. I'm not a person who believes in giving up just because the moment is kind of difficult. I don't believe in that. I'm a person that believes if you give me an opportunity, I've always appreciated that and I'll show that appreciation, be loyal to the cause. I'm invested in it, full mind, body and soul."

USA Today Article: Wolves' Garnett paying a high price for loyalty
Garnett is the one left behind, the last Wolf standing, the man who endured seven straight first-round playoff defeats before finally landing in the conference finals at the end of his MVP season two years back, only to have his team use the fall of the Shaq-Kobe dynasty as an opportunity to retreat itself. Seven years after Stephon Marbury abandoned him, Garnett couldn't be blamed if he pulled a marker out of Marbury's old locker and wrote "All Alone" on his ankle tape.
"I'm just a loyal person," Garnett said after delivering his standard line of 24 points, 16 rebounds and 6 assists. It just isn't easy being loyal to this cause.