Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Casey And Wally Comment On Kobe's Big Night

I was trying to think of a way to acknowlege Kobe's 81 point game performance while tying in the Twolves (because this is a Wolves site) but couldn't do it til I found this:

Cell phones were buzzing throughout the NBA late Sunday night and early Monday morning, as Kobe Bryant unleashed his 81-point offensive on Toronto.
New Jersey's Jeff McInnis called teammate Vince Carter to make sure he was watching.
Minnesota's Wally Szczerbiak called his father.
Miami's Gary Payton called teammate Antoine Walker.


Dwane Casey on Kobe's Stunning Game:
"From a coaching standpoint, I would say I would like to have other players involved," Minnesota's Dwane Casey said. "He's a great player, you can't take that away from him. It's entertaining, it's good for the league. Whether it's good for his teammates, I don't know."

Wally Szczerbiak on Kobe:
"He's just one of those guys I have a lot of respect for. He's strong-willed and he believes in himself to the core."